Location: Agia Irene – Kannavia – Saranti – Lagoudera
Route 1: The location Moutti tis Choras, 1 kilometre after the Spylia village towards Agia Irene / Kannavia.
Route 2: The location Selladi tou Karamanli, 1, 5 kilometres from Saranti / Lagoudera towards Spilia or 6 kilometres from Spilia on a dirt road.
Length: 3, 8 kilometres
Time: 1, 5 hours hiking
Points of Interest:
An old nature trail which offers a great view towards the Morphou Bay. It is connected with a network of nature trails in the area and in particular with: Doxa si o Theos – Moutti tis Choras , Madari – Selladi tou Karamanli – Kannavia.
The nature trail passes through a forest of thick pines, known as Mavra Dasi (Black Forest) , which is one of the most undamaged forests in Cyprus as humans have not interfered with it. In the middle of the nature trail there is also another smaller trail towards a giant pern tree (Quercus coccifera subsp. calliprinos).
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)