Location: Agia Irene Village
Starting Point: Agia Irene Village. At the location Selladi tis Straorouthkias there is access by car though a dirt road from the Spylia village at a distrance of about 2 kilometres. The visitor can follow the course towards Limeria of a length of 2 kilometres.
Length: 5 kilometres
Time: 2,5 hours
Difficulty: 3 (steep uphill trail)
Points of Interest:
The nature trail passes through a forest of pines with an excellent view towards the Morphou Bay and ends at Limeria. The Selladi tis Straorouthkias connects with the Kourdali – Limeria nature trail and they have a common course for about 2 kilometres. It offers the visitors the chance to see the different hiding areas which were used in the Freedom Fight of 1955-59.
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)
Agia Irene - Limeria Nature Trail photos:
Agia Irene - Limeria Nature Trail location map: