Agridia is a small graphic village of Pitsilia in the Limassol district. It is built in a special location, on a slope dressed with the most beautiful colours of nature. It is the ninth hihgest village in Cyprus, at 1100 metres from the sea surface.

It is a beautiful village with narrow roads, old traditional houses with vineyards and colourful pots everywhere. The rich natural vegetation and the use of the local stone is especially impressive.

The name of the village means estates. It is also linked with a historical fact. In particular, the village was granted as an estate to Ioulio, a Frank priest. Mas Latri and Florio Voustonio , mention that Agridia was property of Gian de Berny during the 13th century , while during the 15th century it was owned by Sor de Naves and later to Morfo de Gkrenier. It is interesting that the tradition links the name of the village with the abundant wild goats (mouflon) that exist in the area.

The village followed an increasing population course. Unfortunately during our days, the population has significantly decreased. In particular, the inventory of 2001 showed the least number of population from all the previous ones. According to the Community Board the village now has 125 residents.

There are two churches in the village which are dedicated to Prophet Elias. One is a small chapel in a tall green hill (Prophet Elias Chapel), and the other is a great church in the heart of the village(Prophet Elias Church).

Cultivated areas of land alternate harmonically with land areas filled with wild vegetation. Nearly all the cultivate land is covered with fruit trees and vegetables.  There are also vineyards and almond trees on the slopes of the village. When the trees blossom, they add the most beautiful touches to the landscape.

Agridia Village photos: 
agridia church
agridia church
  • agridia church
  • agridia limassol
  • agridia olive press
  • agridia picnic
  • agridia village
  • agridia village cyprus
  • olive press agridia
  • prophet elias
  • prophet elias chapel agridia
Agridia Village location map: 

Nearby Places and things to do (within 5 km radius)

Church of Saint Gerasimos

The chapel of Saint Gerasimos was built at the beginning of our century as is located northeast of the village of Agros in the Limassol dist...

Church of Timiou Prodromou - Agros

The church of Timiou Prodromou was built east of the village of Agros in the Limassol district around 1860. The church was built with the...

Foundoukodasos Polystipou Nature Trail

Location:Polystipos District: Nicosia Starting Point: Northeast of the Polystipou community at the location Vrysi or Kato Vrysi L...

Agros

Agros is located in the Limassol district in Cyprus and it is built amphitheatrically between tall mountains and is situated at an alti...

Timios Stavros Church - Pelendri

Timios Stavros church is located in the village of Pelendri in the Limassol district. It is one of the nine churches of Troodos which are...

Panagia Eleousa Church - Agros Village

The Panagia Eleousa Church or Virgin Mary Eleousa Church  is located in the centre of the village of Agros in the Limassol district. ...

Pages