Error message

Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in theme_image_formatter() (line 605 of /home/eliasdem/cyprusisland.net/modules/image/image.field.inc).

The church of Agiou Nektariou is situated in the Paralimni area in the Ammochostos district.

The church was built in 1992 due to the request of Christoforos Oikonomou, on a private piece of land which he owned.

On the 29th of March 1992, the base of the church was built. The iconostasis is carved and has a decoration with the first Christian symbols on it. On the temblor there are six modern icons of byzantine design: of Christ and the Virgin Mary, of Prodromos and Agios Nektarios, of Agios Eleftherios and Agios Christoforos. The church celebrates twice a year, once on the 3rd of September and once on the 9th of November.

Agiou Nektariou Church, Paralimni photos: 
agiou nektariou church
agiou nektariou church
Agiou Nektariou Church, Paralimni location map: 

Nearby Places and things to do (within 5 km radius)

Apostolos Markos Chapel, Paralimni

The Apostolos Markos Chapel is situated in the community of Paralimni in the Famagusta district. It was built in honour of Markos, a small c...

Sotira

Sotira is a province in the Ammochostos district. Sotira is a beach province and has one blue flag for its beach at Agia Thekla. Sotira is n...

Agios Dimitrios Church, Paralimni

The Agios Dimitrios Church is situated in the Paralimni area of the Ammochostos district. The church began being built in 1993 and was compl...

Agios Panteleimonas Chapel, Paralimni

The Agios Panteleimonas Chapel is situated in the Paralimni area in the Ammochostos district. The chapel was built in the ruins of two older...

Agios Mamas Chapel, Paralimni

The Agios Mamas Chapel is situated in the Paralimni area of the Ammochostos district. It was built in 1930 by Dimitris Kalogiros. Dimitri...

Agia Marina Chapel - Deryneia Village

The Agia Marina Chapel is located in the Deryneia village in the Ammochostos district and it was built with a byzantine architecture with a ...

Pages