The main church of the Kritou Terra village in the Paphos district is dedicated to the Virgin Mary, Panagia Chryseleousa. The church is situated near the Primary school and was built during the 19th century.
More specifically it was built in 1804 by Hadjigeorgaki Kornesio who also made several donations towards its iconostasis. The architecture of the church is of the basilica type and it is arched.
Apart from the church of the Virgin Mary, there are more than 15 chapels around the village. Characteristically there are four dedicated to Saint George. The Frank byzantine church of the 15th century stands out the most and is dedicated to Agia Aikaterini.
Panagia Chryseleousa - Kritou Terra photos:
Panagia Chryseleousa - Kritou Terra location map: