Location: Akamas Forest
Starting Point : Smigies Picnic Site , 2.5 kilometres west of Neo Chorio in the Akamas Forest.
Length : Short route (2,5 kilometres), Long route (5 kilometres)
Time : Short route : 1 hour, Long route : 2 hours
Points of interest:
Viewpoints, towards the west coast of Akamas, including the Lara Bay and east towards the Chrysohous Bay, Latsi, Polis, Pachyammos and the Paphos Forest. The long route passes by old mines and magnesium facilities, in the think part of the Akamas Forest. The long route is also connected with the Adonis nature trail in the location Kefalovrysia where there is a water fountain with drinkable water. At the starting point, the two nature trails are located very close to the Pissouromoutti nature trail. Both trails pass next to the Fire lookout station at the location Piena.
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)