The old, tall bridge of Xyliatos is located in the village of Xyliatos in the Nicosia district. The bridge was built during the decade of 1930-1940. The constructor of the project was the Forest Department. The aim of the project was the perfection of the old forest road of Agia Marina Xyliatou – Lagouderon –Saranti. The reason this road needed to be perfected was due to the correct management of the road in the valley of Xyliatos-Lagouderon , of the Adelfoi Forest. It was the only road in the area and it served the following activities:
The bridge was therefore cut from the road network from the decade of 1980, when the road was straightened. It was then beautified and remodelled as it is today, during the period of 2014-2015 with funds from the Agriculture Development Programme 2007-2013.