Location: Vavatsinia – Kionia
Starting Point: A farm road which starts from the forest road of Vavatsinia – Kionia, 3 kilometres outside Vavatsinia.
Length: 2, 5 kilometres, including the forest road access (5 kilometres with the return as the visitor will have to follow the same path)
Time: 1 hour hiking (2 hours with the return)
Points of Interest:
The nature trail starts from a farm road for about 200 m and then continues as a narrow nature trail. It ends at the Athasia Cave which is believed to have been built in order to dig mines, while the nature trail passes through a pine forest.
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)