Location : Xystarouda
District : Nicosia
Starting Point : Opposite the Xystarouda picnic site ( Pedoula – Kykkos road)
Length : 5, 3 kilometres
Time : 2 hours
Points of Interest:
The nature trail passes from the location where the holly water of Panagia tou Kykkou flows through thick forest vegetation and ends up at the Vasilitjis chapel ( Agios Vasilios). This chapel has hagiographies of great archaeological value. Visitors may continue their course through the paved road towards the Kykkos Monastery.
The nature trail can also become circular if the visitors return from the main road of Kykkos-Pedoulas , at the Xystarouda picnic site with an extra 6,1 kilometres length and 2-2,5 hours of hiking.
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)
Xystarouda – Agiasma – Vasiliki Nature Trail photos:
Xystarouda – Agiasma – Vasiliki Nature Trail location map: