Yiolou is a village in the Paphos District of Cyprus, located 20 km sorth of Paphos and 15 km south of Polis Chrysochous.

 There are various versions according to the name of the community, with most of them agreeing with the fact that the village got its name due to the god of the wind, Eolos and the Turkish Cypriot word Yiol, which means road as the village is located on the road which connects Paphos with Polis Chrysochous. However, because the village is already noted with the same name before the Turkish invasion in Cyprus, it is considered that the name is due to a Feud owner during the Frank rule or even during the Byzantine ages.

The main church of the village is dedicate to the Virgin Mary Chryseleousi and there are also chapels dedicated to Saint George, Saint Mark, Agia Irene, Saint Arcadius, Saint Nipio and the Profit Elias. In the village there is also an old flour mill which still works and serves all the nearby villages in the Paphos district.

Yiolou Village photos: 
Yiolou Village location map: 

Nearby Places and things to do (within 5 km radius)

Lagoudera or Agros - Madari Nature Trail

Location:  Agros – Lagoudera District: Nicosia Starting Point: Route 1:  From Agros: On the bypass road of Agros, at...

Agros - Kato Mylos Nature Trail

Location: Agros District: Limassol Starting Point: Near the Rodon Hotel at Agros (north) Length: 6 kilometres Time: 2 hours hi...

The Olive-mill of the Church of Agios Ioannis Prodromos - Agros Village

Traditional Olive Mill In 1930 the Olive mill was transferred from the basement of the all-girls school of Agros, to the traditional hou...

Frangoulidi Museum - Agros Village

The Frangoulidi Museum is situated in the village of Agros , in the Limassol district. The Museum  began its operation in 2004 and is n...

Church of Timiou Prodromou - Agros

The church of Timiou Prodromou was built east of the village of Agros in the Limassol district around 1860. The church was built with the...

Church of Saint Gerasimos

The chapel of Saint Gerasimos was built at the beginning of our century as is located northeast of the village of Agros in the Limassol dist...

Pages