The church of Agios Nikolaos is located in the village of Tsakistra in the Nicosia district.
The church is dedicated to Agios Nikolaos, Episcope Myron of Lykias the miraculous, whose memory is celebrated on the 6th of December. The church was built during the 15th century, when the village was created.
The church of Agios Nikolaos is made up of one room, with basilica architecture and a scissor roof with flat serrated tiles. According to the engraved inscription the bell tower was built in 1903 with a bell that was specifically made for this temple.
The iconostasis is simple, wooden with ancient icons such as Jesus, the Virgin Mary, Agiou Nikolaou, Prophet Elias, Prodromou and Ioanni Theologou. Further up from these, there are 11 small icons of the life of Jesus and the Virgin Mary, and the crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and Ioanni Theologo to the right and the left. At the semicircle dome which is on top of the altar, is the descent and the Annunciation. The remains of seven saints are kept at the altar, one of which is Agia Paraskevi.
The church was renovated during the 1990’s, and the inauguration took place during July 1999.