Location: Pano Lefkara
Starting Point: At the Pano Lefkara village, two points with a distance of 600 metres, on the road which leads to Vavatsinia.
Length: 2, 3 kilometres
Time: 1, 5 hours hiking
Points of Interest:
Panoramic view towards Upper and Lower Lefkara , Kato Drys and towards the Dipotamos Dam as well as the Monastery of Agios Minas with excellent view towards all the directions including Stavrovouni. In order to make the nature trail circular, the last part follows the main road towards Vavatsina for about 600 metres. It is connected with the nature trail Lefkara – Kato Drys.
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)
Lefkara- Church of Metamorphoseos tou Sotiros Nature Trail photos:
Lefkara- Church of Metamorphoseos tou Sotiros Nature Trail location map: