Location: Panagia Asinou – Agios Theodoros Soleas
Route 1 : Church of Panayia Asinou
Route 2: Agios Theodoros of Solea
Length: 5, 6 kilometres
Time: 1, 5 – 2 hours hiking
Points of Interest:
A variety of scenery and a panoramic view towards the Morphou Bay. The nature trail passes through a forest area following the nature trail and a dirt road. There is the opportunity to visit the chapel of Panayia Asinou (12th century) with the famous iconographies. The church has been declared as a monument of World Heritage by UNESCO.
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)
Asinou - Agios Theodoros Nature Trail photos:
Asinou - Agios Theodoros Nature Trail location map: